- Per the Athletic’s Greg Auman, Buccaneers TE Cameron Brate says he’s 100 percent for the start of camp.
- Buccaneers DE Jason Pierre-Paul is expected to start the year on the non-football injury list with a spine fracture from a car accident in May, though there’s no official word yet. (Rick Stroud)
- Buccaneers placed S Justin Evans, LB Jack Cichy, OLB David Kenney and WR Xavier Ubosi on the pup list. (NFLTR)
- Buccaneers placed QB Nick Fitzgerald on the non-football injury list.
Falcons LB Deion Jones says his new contract won’t affect his motivation this year.
“I feel like if you have a vision that’s bigger than the stage you’re in now, you have no choice but to keep going and stay motivated,” Jones said. “I’m not done, still have a lot more I want to accomplish so definitely not done.”
- ESPN’s Vaughn McClure writes he wouldn’t be surprised if Falcons WR Julio Jones doesn’t practice until he has a new contract.
- According to Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio, a league source says Jones can’t finalize a new deal until July 26, which is a year from the date his contract was adjusted in 2018. Florio says it’s possible the two sides already have a deal structured and are just waiting to make it official.
- Per Kelsey Conway of the team website, Jones and LB Deion Jones worked on a side field with the training staff as the Falcons started camp.
- HC Dan Quinn said the two are still rehabbing foot injuries. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- First-round G Chris Lindstrom worked with the first-team offensive line to start camp. Ty Sambrailo started at right tackle, while first-round OT Kaleb McGary worked with the second team. (McClure)
- Former Maryland HC D.J. Durkin is on the Falcons staff as a guest coach. Durkin was fired after one of his players died during conditioning drills. (Ledbetter)