- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers officially ruled out LB Anthony Nelson (hamstring) and CB M.J. Stewart (knee) for Week 12 and list LB Carl Nassib (groin) as questionable.
- Regarding the status of DE Takk McKinley for Sunday’s game, Falcons HC Dan Quinn said: “We will take it again through tomorrow.” (Vaughn McClure)
- The Atlanta Falcons officially ruled out RB Devonta Freeman (foot), TE Austin Hooper (knee), and S Kemal Ishmael (concussion) for Week 12 and list DE John Cominsky (ankle), DE Takkarist McKinley (shoulder), and CB Kendall Sheffield (illness) as questionable.
- Falcons waived G Sean Harlow. (NFLTR)
Sunday’s meltdown by Panthers QB Kyle Allen against the Falcons opened up the door for speculation about Carolina’s new backup quarterback, third-round rookie Will Grier. The loss dropped the Panthers to 5-5 on the season and severely impact their playoff chances in a loaded NFC, which combined with the questions about QB Cam Newton‘s future make evaluating Grier a logical option for the Panthers down the stretch. However, Panthers HC Ron Rivera says the team still has faith in Allen despite his rough patch and also has to consider developing him.
“We’re going to play the best quarterback we have right now. And right now the guy who’s playing really well for us has been Kyle,” Rivera said via the Athletic’s Joseph Person. “He’s had a couple of tough games, but I don’t think it’s reflective of who he really is as a football player. I think the thing we all have to continue to remember is he’s only been our starting quarterback for eight games.
“There will be a point where he’s no longer a work in progress, but I don’t think it’s right now. And if Will gets an opportunity or doesn’t, it’s going to be based on what happens as we go along the season,” Rivera added. “I can’t predict that and I can’t speculate on that. If he doesn’t get any chances, that means Kyle’s continuing to play well and he’s staying healthy.”
- The Carolina Panthers officially list CB Ross Cockrell (quadricep), G Dennis Daley (groin), and T Greg Little (knee) as questionable for Week 12.
- The New Orleans Saints officially ruled out WR Deonte Harris (hamstring), RB Zach Line (knee), and G Andrus Peat (forearm) for Week 12 and list CB Marshon Lattimore (hamstring) as questionable.
- Saints placed WR Austin Carr on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Saints promoted TE Jason Vander Laan to their active roster.
- Saints signed RB Ricky Ortiz to their practice squad