Arians was impressed with the way first-round LB Devin White immediately jumped into leading the defense.
“Devin’s not shy. That’s what we like about him,” Arians said via ESPN’s Jenna Laine. “He jumped out, [learned] the defense quickly for today’s installation and wasn’t bashful about calling the defense and getting everybody lined up.”
- According to Rick Stroud, Buccaneers DT Gerald McCoy is skipping the first voluntary OTA practice after skipping both Phase 1 and Phase 2.
- The Buccaneers listed Deone Bucannon as both a linebacker and safety. (Greg Auman)
- Buccaneers CB Vernon Hargreaves “has to get his mind right to practice” according to Arians and watched Tuesday from the sidelines. (Stroud)
- According to Stroud, Hargreaves was not late to a meeting and this could be a motivational move by Arians.
- Buccaneers S Justin Evans did not practice during OTA’s due to a lingering toe injury. (Auman)
- Buccaneers LB Lavonte David said he’s not thinking about if he’ll face a similar situation to McCoy next year: “At the end of the day, you can only control what you can control. And for me, it’s just going out there helping the young guys, getting them acclimated to a new defense…” (Stroud)
- David added he hopes McCoy is with the team this year: “Everybody around here loves Gerald. Gerald’s a vet. Everybody knows how Gerald carries himself. When he comes back, he’s going to be full throttle.” (Auman)
- According to Chris Mortensen, Falcons owner Arthur Blank said via text the report of him getting restless was out of context: “Not at all. Off base…I am always restless to be better. Good is the enemy of great.”
- This is in response to Peter King, who mentioned on Monday that he “keep[s] hearing owner Arthur Blank is getting restless.”
- Falcons placed RB Jeremy Langford on injured reserve after he cleared waivers. (NFLTR)