- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said Friday that DB Jimmie Ward had surgery on his broken finger last night and it’s undetermined at this point whether they can put a cast on it for him to play on Sunday. (Matt Maiocco)
- Tom Pelissero reports that the 49ers are paying LB Elijah Lee ($37,941) and S Marcell Harris ($30,000) much higher weekly checks than the practice squad minimum of $8,000 per week.
- The 49ers officially ruled out WR Jalen Hurd (back), WR Trent Taylor (foot), and CB Jimmie Ward (hand) for Week 1 and list DE Nick Bosa (ankle), C Weston Richburg (knee), CB Jason Verrett (ankle), and CB K’Waun Williams (knee) as questionable.
- 49ers waived DB Adrian Colbert from injured reserve with a settlement.
Brett Toth was given the green light to play for the Eagles while serving his commitment to the United States Army in mid-August. However, the Eagles waived him coming out of the preseason, which “started a whole new process.”
The good news is that the Cardinals claimed him off waivers and things have since been sorted out.
“It’s unique for sure,” Toth said, via Josh Weinfuss of ESPN. “What they’ve done, they’ve never done before. The Army has been very accommodating for this opportunity, and they just believe in my being able to pursue this, and I’m very grateful and I just acknowledge the difficulties on their end that have been done on my behalf.”
- Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury said starting RT Marcus Gilbert banged up his knee in practice on Thursday. (Darren Urban)
“I’m excited to see Todd Gurley continue to do his thing,” McVay said, via ESPN.com. “He looks good, he’s feeling good and we’re looking forward to Sunday.”
- According to Albert Breer, Rams QB Jared Goff‘s new four-year, $134 million deal includes a $25 million signing bonus, $57 million fully guaranteed at signing, $84 million in the first three years, and $110 million guaranteed against injury.
Seahawks HC Geno Smith heard from other NFL teams about leaving Seattle after he wound up being among their final roster cuts last week. Smith admitted that some of the offers were tempting, but said he’s “a man of my word.”
“I had some teams call me, actually offering me more money,” Smith said, via the Seattle Times. “But I decided to stay. . . . It’s always tempting when you get offered more money, right? But I didn’t want to move.”
- Seahawks rookie WR D.K. Metcalf underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee a few weeks ago. However, he says he’s now “100 percent” and ready to go for Week 1: “I am. I’m 100 percent. I’m very excited just to be back out there and play on Sunday.” (Curtis Crabtree)
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said that Metcalf is “ready to go.” (John Boyle)
- According to Carroll, Seahawks G Mike Iupati is “really close” to returning and will be a game-day decision. (John Boyle)
- Carroll mentioned that newly acquired DE Jadeveon Clowney has jumped in hard this week and has absorbed a bunch: “He did everything we could possibly hope for.” (Curtis Crabtree)