- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan announced Monday that RB Matt Breida (ankle sprain) and WR Dante Pettis (MCL sprain) will be out for Week 17’s game against the Rams.
- Shanahan added that TE Garrett Celek will go through the concussion protocol and WR Marquise Goodwin (bruised Achilles) and CB K’Waun Williams (knee) will both be re-checked Wednesday and monitored throughout the week. (Nick Wagoner)
After the game, Anderson said he “never gave up on myself” despite what has been a largely disappointing year.
“I’ve always had the chip. I’ve never stopped playing with the chip,” Anderson said, via the Los Angeles Times. “Every team had a circumstance [for] releasing me. So it’s timing. Opportunity is another [thing]. This actually worked out with perfect timing and I get my opportunity.”
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said it looks like RB Rashaad Penny (knee) and RT Germain Ifedi (groin) will return for Sunday’s finale against the Cardinals. (Brady Henderson)
- According to Carroll, G J.R. Sweezy suffered a sprained foot in Sunday’s win over the Chiefs. (Brady Henderson)
- Regarding his extension, Carroll said the two parties opened contract talks began last week and reached an agreement on Monday. (Bob Condotta)