- According to NFL Media’s Tom Peliserro, Cardinals RB Chase Edmonds is expected to miss a few weeks with a hamstring injury, which is why the team traded for RB Kenyan Drake.
- Drake went through drills Tuesday and will be given a manageable workload given he’s on a new team and a new offense with a game Thursday night. (Josh Weinfuss)
- Per the Athletic’s Matt Barrows, 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said RB Matt Breida (ankle) didn’t practice: “If we had to go today, it wouldn’t be good. But we remain optimistic.”
- 49ers RB Raheem Mostert (quad) also missed practice.
- Shanahan added OT Joe Staley (fibula) was doubtful for Thursday night’s game but didn’t completely rule out the veteran playing. (Eric Branch)
Rams HC Sean McVay praised CB Aqib Talib, who was traded to the Dolphins on Tuesday.
“Aqib has meant a whole lot,” McVay said, via Pro Football Talk. “He’s meant a whole lot to our team. I think just the confidence, the swagger, the veteran leadership that he’s brought. He’s been, really, a big part of what’s gone on since he got here and he’s been nothing but positive since he got here. Like I’ve said, I think he’s a Hall of Fame player. Everything that we do is in the best interest of the team long term and short term and just based on some of the things that came from that, that was really what went into the decision. Nothing but a lot of good things from our end on Aqib, what he’s meant to us and, specifically, what he’s meant to me.”
- Per Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, the Rams will receive a future seventh-round pick back from the Dolphins in exchange for CB Aqib Talib and a 2020 fifth-round pick.
- Rams HC Sean McVay says WR Brandin Cooks is seeing a specialist after being placed in the concussion protocol for the second time this month. (Lindsey Thiry)
- McVay added Cooks quickly became asymptomatic and the team wants to figure out what’s going on with him.
- Rams LB Clay Matthews is on track to return in Week 10 as he recovers from a broken jaw, per McVay: “He’s gotten all of that stuff taken out off of his jaw and he’s feeling good.” (Thiry)