- Per Mike Jurecki of the official team website, Cardinals RB David Johnson says he’s “definitely playing” this week: I’m 100%.”
- Cardinals released LB Zach Brown. (NFLTR)
- Cardinals activate OL Max Garcia from the PUP list.
- Cardinals placed DL Clinton McDonald on injured reserve.
The 49ers are the NFL’s lone unbeaten team and are set to receive a major boost with several players coming back from injury. Among those is FB Kyle Juszczyk, who is a key piece in HC Kyle Shanahan‘s offense attack.
“I feel amazing,” Juszczyk said Tuesday via NBC Sports’ Jennifer Lee Chan. “I feel 100 percent, ready to ride. If we had had a chance to practice and I actually had a chance to hit some people last week, there might have been an opportunity for me to play, but since it was a Thursday it made things tough.”
San Francisco is also set to get back both starting offensive tackles, Joe Staley and Mike McGlinchey, as well as No. 2 CB Ahkello Witherspoon. Staley’s been on the verge of returning from his broken fibula for a couple of weeks now and is hoping nothing comes up between now and next Monday night’s game against the Seahawks.
“I feel good. If everything goes according to plan, I’ll be out there this week,” Staley said via NBC’s Matt Maiocco. “Today, I was out there for the full practice, which was the first time. Barring any type of setback, the plan is to play.”
“I haven’t done anything for two months and you don’t want to just jump out there,” Staley added. “You want to be able to ramp it up, and that’s what we’ve been doing for the last couple of weeks. Hopefully, feel good and be ready to go.”
- According to the Athletic’s Matt Barrows, 49ers DL Arik Armstead is expected to have a hot market in free agency this offseason, which will make it hard for San Francisco to keep him.
- 49ers WR Emmanuel Sanders, meanwhile, has raved about the locker room culture since being traded from Denver, which Barrows believes could be promising if San Francisco wants to re-sign him after the season.
- The 49ers worked out three linebackers on Tuesday, including Joey Alfieri, Cory James, and Christian Sam. (Aaron Wilson)