- Per ESPN’s Josh Weinfuss, Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury says Arizona won’t have starting OT Marcus Gilbert this week against the Ravens.
- Kingsbury expects Cardinals WR Michael Crabtree to suit up and play Sunday. (Darren Urban)
- Cardinals waived TE Darrell Daniels. (NFLTR)
- Cardinals re-signed OL Jeremy Vujnovich.
- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan told reporters RB Tevin Coleman would miss Week 2 with a high ankle sprain and the team would take it week by week after that. (Nick Wagoner)
- 49ers K Robbie Gould was dealing with leg cramps during Sunday’s game, per Shanahan.
- Cam Inman mentions that Shanahan made it sound like they will promote RB Jeff Wilson from their practice squad in wake of Coleman’s ankle injury, which could cost him multiple games. Shanahan did say they will see what out there in terms of available running backs.
- 49ers WR Dante Pettis played only two snaps on Sunday, as Shanahan wants to see more out of the second-year receiver who has also battled a groin injury: “He had health issues. He just got cleared to come back on Monday, so he was a little behind the 8-ball on that… he went into this game backing up… hopefully he’ll work off that and continue to earn some more time out there.” (Wagoner)
- Tim Kawakami pointed out that the 49ers were interested in Antonio Brown during the offseason but quickly decided against pursuing him.
- Field Yates notes that 49ers CB Jason Verrett earned a $500,000 bonus by being on the team’s active roster for Week 1.
- 49ers LB Kwon Alexander likely will not be suspended for his ejection Sunday. (Ian Rapoport)
- According to Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, the Rams initiated extension talks with QB Jared Goff late this summer when their emergency fund for veterans or unexpected injuries wasn’t used.
- Breer adds Goff took less money over the first two years of the deal than both 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo and Eagles QB Carson Wentz so the Rams could extend his best friend TE Tyler Higbee.
- Field Yates points out that the Rams converted $2.25 million of P Johnny Hekker‘s salary into a bonus for the 2019 season, which created $1.69 in available cap space.
- Rams RB Todd Gurley was in a clear split with backup RB Malcolm Brown who had 11 carries to Gurley’s 14. Gurley said after the game he “felt good” though. (Sam Farmer)
- Rams S Eric Weddle has entered the concussion protocol as the result of a knee to the head during Sunday’s game. (Gary Klein)
- According to Ian Rapoport, Seahawks DE Jadeveon Clowney took slightly less ($15 million) than either the $15.97 or $17.1 million he would have been set to earn under the franchise tag as either a linebacker or defensive end.
- Clowney does have a no-franchise clause in his deal for the Seahawks next year, though.
- Clowney said he felt a little “rusty” despite recording a sack, 1.5 tackles for loss and two tackles in his Seattle debut: “I’m still learning this defense. I learned most of it in five days, but still got a lot more learning to do.” (Bob Condotta)
- Field Yates mentions that Seahawks LB Mychal Kendricks earned a $250,000 bonus by being on the team’s active roster for Week 1.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said DE Ezekiel Ansah was inactive this week because his shoulder became sore this week. He added, though, “we should count on” Ansah being ready for Week 2 against the Steelers. (Brady Henderson)
- Carroll noted Seahawks G Mike Iupati should return this week: “It really looks like he should be ready to practice the whole week.” (John Boyle)
- Carroll confirmed the Seahawks were trying to sign WR Antonio Brown: “We were ready if something was there.” (Condotta)
- Seahawks DT Poona Ford is week-to-week with a calf strain. (Rapoport)