- Per Kyle Odegard, the Cardinals elected to release former first-round DT Robert Nkemdiche because HC Kliff Kingsbury thought it was best for both sides: “It’s a performance-based business, and we decided as an organization it was best for us. We wish him well and hope he gets a fresh start somewhere else.”
- Kingsbury said the Cardinals elected not to bring in another kicker this offseason as a vote of confidence in K Zane Gonzalez: “We’re very high on Zane.” (Josh Weinfuss)
- According to ESPN’s Field Yates, 49ers DL DeForest Buckner received a $2,210,589 roster bonus on Sunday.
- 49ers G Joshua Garnett left practice early with a dislocated finger. (Matt Barrows)
Rams RB Todd Gurley was suited up and participating at training camp after sitting out the spring amid reports of lingering knee issues. However, Gurley got a fair amount of rest, and said later that’s the new normal going forward as he’s put on a “veteran’s plan.”
“There will be (days he doesn’t practice),” Rams HC Sean McVay said via NFL Media’s Logan Reardon. “There will be some days that — depending upon his workload and looking toward that (Week 1) Carolina game — we might look at treating him like we have some of those veteran players. Todd really has become a veteran player.”
- Per KJR’s Curtis Crabtree, Seahawks LB Bobby Wagner said he modeled his contract negotiations after NBA player Kawhi Leonard: “I didn’t want to be messy, I didn’t want no drama. … Being the highest-paid (linebacker) was dope.”
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll mentioned S Delano Hill would be out a couple of weeks. Newly-signed DB DeShawn Shead worked some at safety in Hill’s place. (Bob Condotta)