Home 49ers NFC West Notes: Cardinals, 49ers, Rams, Seahawks
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler says one league executive doesn’t think the Cardinals are done adding pieces around QB Kyler Murray, with more depth at tight end potentially an option: “They have a window with a talented quarterback on a rookie contract and are all-in right now. As they should be.”
- Cardinals LB Devon Kennard received a $5 million signing bonus and has a $1 million base salary with $250,000 in per-game roster bonuses for 2020. (Adam Caplan)
- $4 million of Kennard’s $6.25 million 2021 base salary becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of that league year.
- Cardinals DT Jordan Phillips‘ four-year, $40 million deal includes a total of $18.5 million guaranteed which includes an $8 million signing bonus. The 2023 year of Phillips’ deal voids if on the roster by the fifth day after the 2022 Super Bowl. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Athletic’s Matt Barrows says Buccaneers DT Ndamukong Suh would have made sense on a number of levels for the 49ers, as he’d fill a big need and reunite with former DL coach Kris Kocurek. However, he re-signed with Tampa Bay on a one-year, $8 million deal.
- Barrows confirmed the 49ers traded DL DeForest Buckner because they thought his asking price north of $20 million a year was too high.
- Barrows thinks the 49ers could look to address cornerback in the draft this year as well as potentially extend nickel CB K’Waun Williams.
- While wide receiver is a big need, Barrows says not to rule out offensive tackle as the 49ers are doing their homework on the top options.
- Barrows points out there were rumors about a trade of RB Matt Breida to the Eagles last year and his sense was the 49ers used the second-round tender on Breida to be able to trade him later.
- While 49ers WR Dante Pettis has some trade value still, Barrows thinks San Francisco will end up having to release WR Marquise Goodwin.
- Asked about the Tom Brady rumors, one team source responded: “I don’t know why that was a thing.” (Jeremy Fowler)
- Per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, Rams DT A’Shawn Robinson‘s two-year, $17 million deal includes a $3 million signing bonus, base salaries of $5.5 million (gtd) and $6.5 million; and up to $500,000 in per-game active roster bonuses annually
- Robinson’s 2020 base salary is guaranteed and he has a fully guaranteed $1 million roster bonus due the third day of the 2021 league year. He also has annual $1 million incentives for playing time and making the playoffs.
- Seahawks free agent LB Mychal Kendricks‘ sentencing date for insider trading was postponed for the sixth time, this time pushed back to May 29. (Ben Arthur)