NFC West Notes: Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks

     

Cardinals

Per Bob McManaman, seven Cardinals can earn workout bonuses this week, including:

Rams

Rams QB Jared Goff says the Rams saw the same defensive looks for 80 percent of the season. Heading into 2019, they’re preparing more for the other 20 percent that teams like the Patriots used to shut them down.

“They’re so unique in that they change weekly in what they’re doing,” Goff said via Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer. “I think for me personally, if we were to play them again, or any team that’s similar to them that can do that, you have to be able to adjust on the fly a little bit quicker. As opposed to waiting for something to happen, you have to actively adjust to what they’re doing, and adjust to what a team is trying to present to you, whether it’s something they showed on film or not.” 

Rams QB Blake Bortles says he’s never seen coaching like he’s gotten with the Rams and HC Sean McVay

“Seeing how he coaches, how all the other coaches coach and how the guys are receptive and take it, I’ve never seen anything like it,” Bortles said via Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times. 

Seahawks

Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will be 35 when his most recent contract extension expires. That means Wilson will have 10 more years left if he’s able to play until he’s 45 like he says he plans to. 

“I feel like I’m just getting started,” Wilson said via Michael Silver of NFL Media. “That’s the scary part. That’s the most exciting part. That’s really where I believe that I am right now: I’m just getting started. And I believe this team is just getting started. So, I think that we can do anything that we set our minds out to do.” 

With quarterbacks like Tom Brady, Drew Brees and others playing well into their 40s, reaching 45 could well be a possibility for Wilson. 

“Seven years has gone by so fast,” Wilson said. “You think about just turning 30 years and what I have for the rest of my career — for the next 10-15 years — I’m just fired up about it. You think about some of the best quarterbacks of all time, guys like Drew [Brees], guys like Tom [Brady], who [are playing into their 40s]. I really look up to those guys. There’s so much more to do.”

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of