- According to NJ.com’s Mike Kaye, some potential trade options for the Eagles to find help at cornerback could include Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey, Broncos CB Chris Harris, Titans CB Adoree’ Jackson, Bengals CB William Jackson, Jets CB Trumaine Johnson, Steelers CB Artie Burns or Saints CB Patrick Robinson.
- According to Ralph Vacchiano, there’s appears to be a fear that Giants rookie LB Ryan Connelly tore his ACL during Sunday’s game, which would obviously end his 2019 season. The Giants plan for Connelly to undergo an MRI on Monday to determine the severity of the injury.
Redskins rookie QB Dwayne Haskins made his NFL debut on Sunday and finished the day 9-of-17 for 107 yards and three interceptions.
Despite the tough to start to his career, Haskins says “there [are] going to be brighter days.”
“I just knew that my time would be coming and when the day comes, that I’d be ready for it,” Haskins said, via the Washington Post. “I didn’t execute the way I wanted to, but the good thing about it is that it hurts, and there [are] going to be brighter days tomorrow. . . . I want to win. I’m going to win. Whatever it takes to win, we will do that. . . . We’re going to change that and win some games. I’ll be here for a while, so get used to seeing me smile up here.”
- According to Pro Football Talk, some in league circles continue to insist Redskins LT Trent Williams won’t return to the team, despite team president Bruce Allen’s belief to the contrary.
- Williams’ holdout over issues with his contract and the team’s medical staff has now stretched four weeks into the season. Washington continues to refuse to trade Williams despite receiving interest.
- John Keim asked Redskins president about the speculation that HC Jay Gruden could be fired soon. Allen said he only wanted to talk about the game today that was about to kick off.