- According to Jeff McLane of The Inquirer, Eagles’ veteran S Malcolm Jenkins has not attended the team’s voluntary activities and is working out at “unspecified” facilities around Philadelphia.
- McLane writes that it is “unclear” why Jenkins has been absent but points out that it does “raise concern” that Jenkins may want to restructure his contract.
- McLane also reports that Jenkins and his representation declined to be interviewed.
- McLane adds that the Eagles typically don’t add “new money” to contracts while Jenkins is only two years into his four-year contract.
- Should Jenkins demand more guaranteed money, McLane mentions that the Eagles could create cap space by restructuring the final two years of his deal, which is $11,387,000 in 2019 and $10,887,000 for 2020.
With the compensatory pick formula deadline near, Mike Kaye of NJ.com takes a look at the top-five free agents the Eagles should consider including:
- Aaron Wilson reports that Georgia Tech LS Zach Roberts has been invited to try out during the Redskins rookie minicamp this week.