2021 NFL Draft
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer says if the season is canceled, the NFL could use the NHL’s model to determine the draft order by conducting a weighted lottery with teams receiving more balls if they performed poorly the past few seasons.
- If the college football season is canceled, Breer acknowledges it eliminates opportunities for players to dramatically improve their stock. But he adds a lot of elite prospects, like Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence, are already pretty secure at this stage.
- Virginia Tech CB Caleb Farley has decided not to play during the 2020 college football season and will instead focus on training for the 2021 NFL draft. Farley is a potential first-round pick, per ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
- NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero reports that several teams have expressed interest in free-agent DT Domata Peko and the veteran “wants to keep playing.”
- KSTP’s Darren Wolfson notes free-agent DT Timmy Jernigan is “roarin’ to go” and ready to sign. Jernigan reached an agreement with the Texans this offseason before the deal later fell through.
We have all three of these players included in our Top 100 Available 2020 Free Agents list.