- Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area writes “there is no question” that 49ers GM Trent Baalke is on the hot seat.
- Maiocco mentions that biggest problem for the 49ers is that they have the same weaknesses from 2015 at quarterback, pass rusher, and wide receiver.
- Maiocco does not think it’s a certainty that QB Colin Kaepernick will agree to terminate the injury clause in his contract for the 2017 season, unless determines that guaranteeing complete control of his future next year is more important.
- The Chicago Bears announced NT Eddie Goldman, RB Jeremy Langford and CB Deiondre’ Hall are out for Week 5 and they did not travel with the team.
- Josh Weinfuss of ESPN mentions that the Cardinals will be eligible to activate one of either RB Chris Johnson, G Evan Mathis or S Tyvon Branch from the injured reserve under the new league rules.
- Weinfuss mentions that the player to be activated will ultimately come down to who is healthiest at the time and what happens to be team’s largest position of need.