- Field Yates reports that 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo‘s new $28 million roster bonus that’s due on March 16th became fully guaranteed on Wednesday.
- Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee takes a look at some free agents and some draft prospects that fit the kind of measurables the 49ers tend to look for at the cornerback position.
- Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com writes that if the Eagles are to move on from QB Nick Foles, it would be hard to find a better landing spot for him than the Buffalo Bills.
- Shorr-Parks points out that the Bills have plenty of draft picks to trade for quarterback and Foles could be the perfect quarterback for a team like Buffalo that has a good defense and a strong running game.
- Foles just beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl, which has been the main obstacle in the way of the Bills for a long time.
- Plus, Foles has just one year remaining on his contract, so the team could still try to see the idea of developing Nathan Peterman in the coming years.
The Arizona Cardinals announced their coaching staff under new HC Steve Wilks on Wednesday.
- The Cardinals elected to retain QBs coach Byron Leftwich, LBs coach Larry Foote, assistant OL coach Steve Heiden, and RBs assistant Terry Allen, WRs coach Kevin Garver and strength and conditioning coach Buddy Morris.
- Arizona also hired RBs coach Kirby Wilson, OL coach Ray Brown, TEs Jason Michael, DL coach/senior assistant Don Johnson, assistant DL coach Chris Achuff, DBs coach David Merritt, assistant DBs coach Charlie Harbison, offensive assistant Cameron Turner, assistant special teams coach Randall McCray, assistant to the head coach Ben Burress, offensive quality control coach Troy Rothenbuhler, and defensive quality control coach Alonso Escalante.
- Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun believes the Ravens would be wise to add some more speed defensively in the middle of the field.
- Two players who could “significant” roles in 2018 include S Chuck Clark and LB Bam Bradley.
- Should an edge rusher they like is available in the middle or late round, Zrebiec believes the Ravens would at least be tempted to draft one, even though there aren’t a lot of snaps available next year.
- Zrebiec makes a good point in that while some think Baltimore should approach veteran RT Austin Howard and CB Brandon Carr about pay cuts, the free agent market for their respective positions isn’t all that deep, so it’s possible they could make just as much if not more playing for another team.