Former 49ers TE Delanie Walker said that Jim Harbaugh was trying to do whatever he could to get the team to re-sign him several years ago. However, former GM Trent Baalke seemingly did no agree with Harbaugh on bringing Walker back.
“Jim Harbaugh was trying to do basically everything in his power to get the deal done for me to stay,” Walker said, via Cam Inman of the Mercury News. “I don’t think the general manager (Trent Baalke) seen the same picture as Jim Harbaugh.at that time.
“I realized it was time for me to go somewhere else and show everybody how good I could be at the No. 1 spot, and that’s what I’ve been doing so far.”
New Browns GM John Dorsey tells Peter King of TheMMQB.com that he has scouted Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield six times this year and believes he’s a good quarterback prospect, despite the concerns about his height.
“I want to be able to project and articulate my opinion when the time comes and it matters,” Dorsey said. “I saw [Mayfield] at Kansas this year, in the OU-Kansas game. You’re darn right he’s a good quarterback, no matter how tall he is. Some would say he’s too short, but I would ask you: How tall is Russell Wilson? How tall is Chase Daniel?”
- According to Browns HC Hue Jackson, veteran WR Kenny Britt did not ask to be released by the team: “I can clarify that for sure.” (Nate Ulrich)
- Jackson said of rookie QB DeShone Kizer: “We haven’t seen the finished product yet. He’s got to get to it as fast as he can.” (Nate Ulrich)
- Jackson added he likes Kizer’s attitude about realizing there will be another quarterback here next year and pushing to prove he should be the guy for the Browns moving forward. (Nate Ulrich)
- Jackson mentioned that rookie S Jabrill Peppers (knee) was able to make it through practice on Wednesday. (Nate Ulrich)
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians said Wednesday that he has “no idea” if RB Adrian Peterson (neck) will play again this season. (Adam Schefter)
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said that RB Chris Carson (leg, injured reserve) is back running again and the setback he recently suffered wasn’t significant. However, it will likely push his progress a week or so. (Curtis Crabtree)
- In regards to LBs Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright, Carroll said he doesn’t know if they can play in Week 15, but Wagner is “upbeat.” (Bob Condotta)
- According to Carroll, K Blair Walsh is “our guy” and they plan to stand by him. (Bob Condotta)