- Bill Williamson of ESPN projects Blaine Gabbert to be Colin Kaepernick‘s backup this season.
- RB Marcus Lattimore is still not practicing and may not be activated until sometime during the season. (Bill Williamson)
- Standout special teams player Kassim Osgood may have a hard time making the 53-man roster. (Bill Williamson)
- The Falcons have moved rookie Jake Matthews to left tackle and Lamar Holmes to right tackle following the injury to Sam Baker. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- “Sounds like” DT Corey Peters has passed his physical. (Tom Pelissero)
- Despite trading for QB T.J. Yates, the backup quarterback job could go to Sean Renfree. (Vaughn McClure)
- Sixth-round pick QB Tajh Boyd continues to struggle and looks to be the odd-man-out on the Jets’ depth chart. (Rich Cimini)
- RB Daryl Richardson is “squarely on the bubble,” but the fact that Chris Ivory is dealing with a rib injury could help him secure a roster spot. (Rich Cimini)
- OL Caleb Schlauderaff was left off of Rich Cimini‘s projected roster.
- Injuries could lead to CB Ras-I Dowling getting cut. (Rich Cimini)
- David Newton of ESPN deems backup QB Joe Webb as expendable.
- RB Kenjon Barner is a candidate to return kicks this year. (David Newton)
- The Panthers reportedly love the speed of WR Tiquan Underwood, but his tendency to drop passes remains an issue. (David Newton)
- OL Barrett Jones is a candidate to be placed on injured reserve with the designation to return. (Nick Wagoner)
- Ethan Westbrooks could have the edge over Michael Sam for the final defensive linemen job. (Nick Wagoner)