- During Sunday’s win over the Broncos, the Miami executed an onside kick, despite the fact that they were up 33-9 lead at the time.
- Broncos cornerback Chris Harris Jr. said after the game that the move can be attributed to “some bad blood” between Dolphins HC Adam Gase and Denver.
- When asked about the decision, Gase told reporters: “Just playing 60 minutes. We’re not going to slow down. I don’t care what the score is.”
- Mike Klis reports that Gase’s issue with John Elway stems from when he was head coaching candidate in 2015 and his belief Elway didn’t help him secure an opportunity.
- Browns HC Hue Jackson told reporters that rookie S Jabrill Peppers will undergo an MRI on his injured knee on Monday. (Pat McManamon)
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians announced that they will stick with Blaine Gabbert as their starting quarterback in Week 14. (Darren Urban)
Giants HC Ben McAdoo told reporters that he plans to “coach this team as long as my key card works.”
“I’m going to coach this team as long as my key card works,” McAdoo said after Sunday’s loss to the Raiders, via NFL.com. “You know, we’ve got a great group of players, the coaches, we’ve got a great staff to work with. We’re going to show up ready to go tomorrow and get this thing cleaned up and move on to the next one.”
McAdoo added that he isn’t concerned about the criticism he’s received this year or how his relationship with Eli Manning is perceived.
“I’m not concerned,” McAdoo said. “I understand where the fans are coming from. If I was on the outside looking in, I’d feel the same way they feel.
“Eli and I have a tremendous relationship. I think the world of him. It was hard for me emotionally at the beginning of the week, but once you make the decision you have to stick with it, and I appreciate the way Eli handled things this week. He was a pro.“