- LB Lance Briggs suffered a bruised knee on Monday after he appeared to bang knees with Matt Forte. Briggs’ injury isn’t expected to be serious. (Michael C. Wright)
- The Bears have Shea McClellin, Lance Briggs and D.J. Williams lining up as their first-team linebackers. (Michael C. Wright)
- The Bears continued to shuffle their safeties on Monday as Ryan Mundy and Adrian Wilson lined up with the first-team defense. (Michael C. Wright)
- HC Mike Pettine told reporters that Johnny Manziel’s first-team reps were just part of the plan.
“It was just part of the plan that we’ve had,” said Pettine, via the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “We said we were going to allow the quarterbacks to compete. At some point you’ve got to mix up the supporting cast a little bit. It’s all part of it.“
- S LaRon Landry and CB Vontae Davis are making progress from their respective injuries. (Mike Wells)
- The Colts’ depth chart has rookie WR Donte Moncrief listed as their kick returner. (Mike Wells)
- LB Kelvin Sheppard was taken off on a cart with a lower right leg injury. (Mike Wells)
- RB Toby Gerhart was held out of Monday’s practice and is listed as day-to-day with “tightness in his hip flexor.” (Michael DiRocco)
- Second-round pick DT Ra’Shede Hageman put in a full practice on Monday, despite wrist injury. (Pro Football Talk)
- Maurice Jones-Drew is listed as the team’s starting running back with Darren McFadden being the team’s No. 2 back on their first depth chart.
- The Raiders have Andre Holmes and Rod Streater listed as the starting receivers on their first depth chart.
- Free agent acquisitions WRs James Jones and Greg Little are part of the second unit.
- Denarius Moore is a third-string receiver, according to the team’s depth chart.