- Bearse DC Vic Fangio was asked Wednesday about the report that the 49ers expressed interest in him to which he said: “I wouldn’t say that. …Nothing really there.” (Rich Campbell)
- Fangio said of if he would be interested in joining the new 49ers’ coaching staff: “No, I’m under contract here, so that’s just the way it is.” (Rich Campbell)
- According to Stephen Holder of the Indianapolis Star, the Colts will retain almost all of their key assistants for the 2017 season.
- Holder mentions that this includes OC Rob Chudzinski, OL coach Joe Philbin, assistant OL coach Joe Gilbert, QBs coach Brian Schottenheimer, TEs coach Jim Hostler and RBs coach Jemal Singleton.
- Holder reports that Bill Polian continues offer consultation in regards to the Colts’ GM search, but it’s not entirely clear whether Polian will sit on the interviews.
- In regards to the reports that the Colts discussed a potential trade involving Saints HC Sean Payton, Holder mentions that one theory going around at the Senior Bowl is that Payton is trying to create an artificial market for himself because it could create greater job security for him.
- Dolphins executive Mike Tannenbaum told reporters that they still haven’t made a decision regarding whether QB Ryan Tannehill will need surgery for his knee injury. (Adam Beasley)
- In regards to an extension for WR Jarvis Landry, Tannenbaum said there have been no negotiations up to this point and are still in the evaluation phase. (Joe Schad)
- Dolphins DT Ndamukong Suh had a knee “cleanup” procedure performed. (Joe Schad)
- Tannenbaum said that they’re always looking to increase their speed on defense. (Joe Schad)
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer told reporters that he’s scheduled to have a fourth surgery on his right eye in late April. (Brandon George)
- Zimmer added that he still can’t see out of it: “Hopefully that will fix it.”
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!