- According to Albert Breer of NFL Media, “there’s optimism within the Bengals” that WR A.J. Green (bruised bicep) will be able to play against the Steelers.
Rookie QB Johnny Manziel admitted that he needs to take his opportunities “a lot more seriously.“
“I have to take this a lot more seriously. It’s a job for me now,” Manziel said, per Tom Reed.
“I’m not the guy that I’ve always been,” said Manziel . “I’m not the Johnny Manziel that came in here a year ago.“
Manziel added he doesn’t think it would be fair for the team to move on after such a sort stint as the team’s starter.
“I don’t think it’d be fair, to give up on somebody after seven quarters of football,” Manziel said, via NFL.com.
- Falcons signed RB Ronnie Wingo to their practice squad.
- Veteran S Ryan Clark said he wants to be back with the Redskins next year, but added there have been no talks with team up to this point. (Tarik El-Bashir)
- Matt Miller has spoken to sources close to the Vikings who have told him that they intend build the team around rookie QB Teddy Bridgewater moving forward.
- Vikings WR Jarius Wright said he believes he’s worthy of a contract extension.
“Being the third receiver, I do think I’ve done enough (for an extension),” Wright told Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press. “But it’s kind of not up to me.
“It’s something I would definitely like to do is hopefully get a contract extension and be here a little bit longer,’’ Wright said. “I mean, you definitely have more security. You feel better knowing if were able to lock up a contract extension.”