Seantrel Henderson’s agent, Brian Fettner, issued a statement, per Adam Schefter, that his client elected to drop his appeal of the four-game suspension.
Merciful or not, there is no medical exception that the NFL will accept. It doesn’t matter that Seantrel is battling Crohn’s disease, and has had his intestines outside his body. It doesn’t matter how you take it, if you digest the cannabis, that’s it. And they don’t care. So you can appeal and lose, and push it back, or you can get it over with. Per the negotiated letter of law, it seems like a futile appeal. We don’t want to waste anyone’s time. We want Seantrel back as soon as possible.
- The Bills officially ruled out S Colt Anderson (foot) and CB Kevon Seymour (hamstring) for Sunday’s game. (Mike Rodak)
- RB Jonathan Williams and G Ryan Groy are both questionable.
- Bills HC Rex Ryan indicated that kickoff specialist Jordan Gay will fill the 53rd roster spot opened after RT Seantrel Henderson was officially suspended four games on Friday. (Mike Rodak)
- Adam Caplan reports that veteran WR Cecil Shorts‘ new one-year contract with the Buccaneers worth $1.05 million and will pay him $15,625 per game he’s active this season.
- The Jaguars have RB Chris Ivory (calf) and DE Jared Odrick (concussion) both listed as questionable for Sunday’s game against the Packers.
- Michael DiRocco mentions that both players should still suit up for Week 1’s game.
- The Jets worked out QB Matt Soltes on Thursday. (Kimberly A. Martin)