- Bills HC Rex Ryan said that Seantrel Henderson is “pretty close to winning the right tackle job.”(Joe Buscaglia)
- Stephen Holder is getting the sense that the Colts and LT Anthony Castonzo aren’t close to an agreement on a long-term extension at this point in time.
- Holder adds that there’s a “universal agreement” inside the organization that Castonzo is a “keeper.”
- Eagles DC Bill Davis admitted that veteran ILB DeMeco Ryans (Achilles) may not be 100 percent for Week 1. (Les Bowen)
- Lions HC Jim Caldwell said the first opinion regarding Kyle Van Noy‘s injury is that surgery isn’t required. (Michael Rothstein)
- However, Caldwell didn’t rule out placing Van Noy on the short-term injured reserve list. (Michael Rothstein)
Seahawks HC Pete Carroll mentioned that backup QB Tarvaris Jackson (ankle) is expected to be available for the regular season opener.
“He’s making pretty good progress,” Carroll said Monday, via Pro Football Talk. “We’re really shooting for the opener right now at this point with him and think he’ll make that. He wants to try to play next week and we’re going to try to get that done. We’ll see if that happens. That would be a real accomplishment at this point, but he’s moving around okay and he’s obviously getting better, but we need to have him ready for the opener.”