- Broncos HC Gary Kubiak tells Jason Cole that the plan for veteran QB Peyton Manning will be to limit his reps during the season. Kubiak specifically said that Manning will be rested on Wednesdays.
- According to Cole, Manning has preformed “very, very well” during training camp practices in regards to throwing on the run.
Cowboys G Ronald Leary says he’s “definitely” the starter over rookie OL La’El Collins.
“It is mine,” Leary said, via the Dallas Morning News. “Definitely.”
He added that the talk of Collins stepping in and being a day-one starter bothered him.
“It bothered me a little bit, but it’s part of the game,” Leary said . “I know I can play. I know I’m a starter in this league. I’ve just got to remind everybody.”
Darryl Slater of NJ.com takes a host at projecting the Jets’ 53-man roster. Here are some of the notable players that may or may not make the roster:
- Slater admits that the running back depth chart will largely come down to Stevan Ridley‘s healthy, but he has RB Zac Stacy, RB Daryl Richardson, and FB Tommy Bohanon on the chopping block.
- Interestingly enough, Slater has the Jets keeping seven receivers including: Eric Decker, Brandon Marshall, Jeremy Kerley, Devin Smith, Chris Owusu, T.J. Graham, and Quincy Enunwa.
- Slater has the Jets cutting veteran DL Stephen Bowen and DL Ronald Talley along with linebackers Jason Babin and Joe Mays.