- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians said ILB Deone Buccannon re-injured his ankle. It is worth mentioning that Buccannon underwent offseason ankle surgery. (Mike Jurecki)
- According to Arians, Buccannon has “no chance” to play in Week 1. (Mike Jurecki)
- New Cardinals G Alex Boone said he signed with Arizona because they are a contending team and members of the team contacting him, including Carson Palmer: “Knowing a lot of guys on the team, knowing this is a championship-caliber team and them calling me. Carson texted me.” (Chris Tomasson)
Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr. (ankle) said he isn’t counting out playing in Week 1 and referred to his current status as “day to day.”
“I wouldn’t count it out, yeah,” said Beckham, via Ralph Vacchiano. “And my heart’s just not going to make this easy. So I can say it’s a day to day thing. I’m really trying to get better. It’s been two weeks. I’m itching. But, just patience and trusting.”
Beckham added that he is still unsure of when he will receive medical clearance to resume playing.
“I don’t know. It’s just something you feel,” said Beckham. “And when they clear you they’ll clear you to play. It sucks, but it’s a day to day thing. You try and get better each and every day. I’ve been rehabbing an endless amount of hours, in treatment etc., just trying to get it right.”
- The Packers worked out G Darrell Greene and DE Jhaustin Thomas on Wednesday. (Rob Demovsky)
- According to Howard Balzer, the Panthers hosted OT Korren Kirven for a visit on Wednesday.
Although Rams HC Sean McVay would not rule out DT Aaron Donald from playing in Week 1, he said there is “no update” on his contract situation.
“We’re still in the same place,” McVay said, via Alden Gonzalez of ESPN. “I know I kind of sound monotonous, [saying], ‘We’re trying to find a solution.’ Which is exactly the truth. There’s no update right now.”