- Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that Chiefs CB Marcus Peters got into an argument with a coach on the way to the airport following the team’s loss to the Jets last weekend.
- According to Garafolo, this incident was listed as one of the reasons for the one-game, team-imposed suspension (NFLTR) he received earlier in the week.
- Tom Pelissero reports that Peters was fined $24,309 by the NFL for unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Peters told Michael Robinson of NFL Network that he’s disappointed by how this has played out: “I spoke to him this week, very much apologetic. He hates the way this thing came out. … I think the loss of Eric Berry has done some damage to Marcus Peters on a personal note, just not being able to have that guy like an Ike Taylor in that locker room to be able to lean on when you’re going through something.”
- Dan Duggan reports that RT Bobby Hart is expected to start for the Giants on Sunday and the team’s starting linebackers are likely to be Devon Kennard, Kelvin Sheppard and Calvin Munson.
- Duggan adds that third-round QB Davis Webb was restricted to scout-team reps in practice throughout the week and there has been no indication that anything will change from HC Steve Spagnuolo moving forward.