- Bears HC John Fox announced that LB Jerrell Freeman has a pectoral muscle injury in addition to being in the concussion protocol. (Zach Zaidman)
- Fox also said that RB Benny Cunningham is dealing with a high ankle sprain.
- Chiefs HC Andy Reid said Monday that they will turn to Eric Murray and Daniel Sorensen to replace S Eric Berry, depending on the defensive package. (Terez A. Paylor)
- Berry is traveling to Green Bay to meet with foot specialist Dr. Bob Anderson. (BJ Kissel)
- Ian Rapoport mentions Bengals practice squad K Jake Elliott as a potential option for the Eagles to replace K Caleb Sturgis, who will miss time with a quad injury.
- Mike Garafolo tosses out veteran K Mike Nugent as a free agent option for the Eagles who could get a tryout this week.
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien told reporters that the five players — Ryan Griffin, C.J. Fiedorowicz, Brian Cushing, Stephen Anderson and Bruce Ellington — who suffered concussions are expected to be out for Week 2’s game.
- In regards to holdout LT Duane Brown: “I have no idea. I coach the team. The thing I’m in charge of is what you saw yesterday, which wasn’t very good.”
- O’Brien said that rookie RB D’Onta Foreman will get increased carries going forward. (Aaron Wilson)
- Texans WR Jaelen Strong finished serving his one-game suspension and will return to the team this week and be activated from the reserve-suspended list. (Aaron Wilson)