Home Dolphins NFL Notes: Chris Cooley, Dolphins, Giants, Jaguars, & Saints
- Dianna Marie Russini reports that although free agent TE Chris Cooley has spoken to several members of the Redskins’ organization, Washington signing him to a contract is “not happening.”
- Joel Corry points out that Dolphins S Louis Delmas has a preseason split in his one-year deal with the team, which means his base salary is $413,000 instead of $1.475 million.
- Now that Delmas sustained a season-ending ACL injury, Corry adds that he won’t earn the $750,000 of per game active roster bonuses included in his contract.
- According to Ross Jones, the Dolphins will look to safety Michael Thomas to replace Delmas with the first-team defense.
- Giants OC Ben McAdoo said that veteran WR James Jones has stood out the past two days and has been a “pro’s pro” for them.
- Jaguars HC Gus Bradley told reporters on Wednesday that WR Marqise Lee is on schedule to return in two weeks from his hamstring strain. (Michael DiRocco)