- Mark Maske reports the Ravens will make a proposal to NFL owners next week to review illegal hits on defenseless players.
- According to Maske, the competition committee’s replay proposal attempts to “clean up and simplify” the replay rules.
- 49ers CB Jimmie Ward took first team duties during Tuesday’s practice as an outside corner and moved to the nickel spot on passing downs. (Matt Barrows)
- As for the other cornerback spots, Tramaine Brock was the other first-team cornerback, while Dontae Johnson played on the outside during nickel packages.
- Barrows believes OT Erik Pears is currently starting above second-year OT Trent Brown because Brown still needs to improve his conditioning, which was also an issue with him during college.
- However, Barrows expects the composition of the starting offensive line to change throughout the offseason.
“With O.D. (tight end Owen Daniels) being gone, there is a better chance,” Green said, via Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post. “I really want to, in training camp, show that I can be not just the pass guy, but just the every-down tight end guy.”
Broncos HC Gary Kubiak also implied that Green could have an expanded role, saying: “We are counting on him a great deal (this season).”
- Colts QB Andrew Luck was a full participant during Tuesday’s practice without any limitations from the lacerated kidney he sustained last season. (Kevin Bowen)
- Colts linebackers Sio Moore and Nate Irvin both received first-team duties at Tuesday’s practice, while HC Chuck Pagano said they are getting reps at the Mike and Will linebacker positions. (Kevin Bowen)