- According to Rand Getlin, the NFLPA is still determining whether they will pursue further reduction of Greg Hardy‘s four-game suspension, which was reduced from 10 games last month.
- Mike DiRocco of ESPN expects first-round rookie RB T.J. Yeldon to split carries with Toby Gerhart and Denard Robinson during the early portion of the season, until the staff can get a “better idea” of Yeldon’s capabilities.
- HC Gus Bradley has mentioned second-year CB Aaron Colvin playing on the outside on first and second downs, while covering the slot during third downs.
- DiRocco writes that the Jaguars’ staff is not “concerned” about LT Luke Joeckel, as they feel he has “made strides” from 2014. However, DiRocco does not share the same optimism with his performance.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN believes second-round rookie WR Devin Smith‘s injury will hinder his progress “a lot,” due to him needing a large amount of refinement in route running.
- WR Chris Owusu has received an increased amount of playing time with the first-team after Smith’s injury.
- Cimini feels confident saying that free agent G Evan Mathis will not receive the $5.5 million he desires, should he sign with the Jets.
- Cimini expects the team to evaluate their personnel following the second preseason game if they hope to sign him, but ultimately believes that Mathis would prefer to sign with a contending franchise.