- Cowboys officials suggest that there is “nothing to” the NFLPA’s investigations into the possible collusion regarding the unsettled contract situations for Dez Bryant and Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas, per Charean Williams of the Star-Telegram.
- According to Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News, veteran LB Sean Lee is still unlikely to move to middle linebacker in 2015, despite Rolando McClain‘s four-game suspension.
Jaguars DT Sen’Derrick Marks stopped short of saying he’ll be ready for Week 1, but believes he’s close.
“(I’m) not saying what’s exactly going to happen within the next two months, but I think I’m going to be pretty ready for it,” said Marks, via Kevin Patra.
- Master Tesfatsion of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune said second-round rookie LB Anthony Barr is a “lock” to be on the field during nickel packages, although he has been limited so far through offseason activites.
- Tesfatsion would prefer the Vikings to “lean” on veteran LB Chad Greenway over LB Eric Kendricks for the second inside linebacker role.
- With the return of Adrian Peterson, Testafsion envisions Jerrick McKinnon appearing predominantly in a third-down role, with Matt Asiata in short-yardage situations.
- Tesfatsion cannot see any other cornerback on the roster beating out veteran CB Terence Newman for a starting role.
- Members of the coaching staff have been “pleased” with second-year DE Scott Crichton‘s performance so far this offseason, while there is a possibility that he could earn snaps as a three-technique defensive tackle.
- The coaching staff believes third-round rookie DE Danielle Hunter is on the “right track” this offseason.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!