Despite months of speculation that the Cowboys could designate CB Brandon Carr as a post-June 1 release, he remains on the team’s roster at the start of June.
Todd Archer of ESPN Dallas writes that there’s really not much of a reason to cut Carr for cap purposes at this point in the year.
Archer reiterates that a contract extension for Carr could actually make the most sense for the two parties in regards to reducing his cap figures and maintaining depth at cornerback.
- Field Yates reports that Patriots OL Marcus Cannon has a $35,000 weight-clause bonus due today that requires him to be under 345 pounds.
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden told reporters on Monday that TE Jordan Reed underwent a “little procedure” on his knee. (John Keim)
- According to Gruden, Reed will be ready in time for the team’s training camp. (John Keim)
- ESPN’s Mike Triplett expects Nick Toon to be the Saints’ No. 3 receiver in terms of their pecking order for now.
- According to Triplett WRs Seantavius Jones and Brandon Coleman both have “serious talent” and “real shots” at significant roles this year.
- While veteran Joe Morgan and Josh Morgan could also in the mix for the Saints No. 3 and No. 4 jobs, Triplett considers them to be long shots at this point.
- In regards to the safety position, Triplett views Jairus Byrd, Kenny Vaccaro, Rafael Bush, Pierre Warren and Vinnie Sunseri as strong bets to make the team.
- However, this could leave veterans Jamarca Sanford and Kenny Phillips on the chopping block.
- Triplett mentions that cornerbacks Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Kyle Wilson, Terrence Frederick, Delvin Breaux and Brian Dixon could end up competing for a single roster spot.