Home Cowboys NFL Notes: Cowboys, Rams, Redskins & Vikings
- Executive Stephen Jones said the Cowboys will continue to negotiate a restructured contract with CB Brandon Carr on through training camp, though he said the team is “comfortable” with his cap number, per Drew Davison.
- Nick Wagoner of ESPN could see the Rams attempting to trade QB Case Keenum or QB Austin Davis for a low-round draft choice.
- Wagoner believes the Rams would ideally have second-year CB Lamarcus Joyner lockdown the nickelback spot, though E.J. Gaines could take the nickel if Trumaine Johnson wins the outside role.
- The coaching staff would “like” to have Rodger Saffold continue playing left guard, with third-round rookie Jamon Brown handling right guard duties.
- Wagoner would not be surprised to see second-year DL Aaron Donald used in a variety of ways, including off the edge and on the interior.
- John Keim of ESPN expects the Redskins offense to lean on the run-game instead of passing.
- Keim writes that the Redskins have no interest in free agent TE Chris Cooley.
- Keim believes WR Andre Roberts will “initially” see playing time in the No. 3 role, but that the staff likes second-year WR Ryan Grant and views him as a “solid” third receiver.
- HC Mike Zimmer said that DE Brian Robison will be recovered from a pectoral injury he sustained in May in time for training camp, via Tom Pelissero.
- CB Jabari Price appealed his two game suspension for violating the leagues substance abuse policy, but was denied. (Matt Vensel)
- LB Anthony Barr says he’s “just about” completely recovered from a knee injury, but may work in slowly during camp. (Tom Pelissero)