- Adam Schefter (per Pat Leonard) said on his podcast he believes Giants QB Daniel Jones would have lasted until the No. 30 pick in the first round, where the Giants traded up to select CB DeAndre Baker.
- Schefter says the Redskins were locked in on QB Dwayne Haskins and the Broncos weren’t going to take Jones in the first round.
- NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero says some teams told him Jones was the No. 1 quarterback on their board, while others didn’t have him in their top-five.
- Pelissero says he received a text from one team’s offensive coordinator following the pick saying, “I am now a Giants fan. That guy’s got it.”
- According to NBC Sports’ Matt Maiocco, 49ers WRs Kendrick Bourne, Richie James and Jordan Matthews are on the bubble following the drafting of Deebo Samuel and Jalen Hurd.
- Maiocco says one of OL Ben Garland, Joshua Garnett or Eric Magnuson could also be on the bubble as they compete for backup positions.
- Maiocco also lists RB Jeff Wilson, sixth-round rookie CB Tim Harris, S Antone Exum and DT Sheldon Day as on the bubble.
- According to the Chicago Tribune’s Brad Biggs, S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is likely to depart for a bigger payday if he plays well in 2019, especially since S Eddie Jackson will also be up for a new contract following the season.
- Biggs doubts K Robbie Gould has the leverage to force a trade from the 49ers to the Bears.