- Jason La Canfora reports that NFL is continuing their push at the owner’s meetings for a developmental league or academy.
- According to La Canfora, the league office presented concepts for a developmental league to general managers on Tuesday and will brief owners on Wednesday regarding the idea.
- La Canfora mentions the NFL will also present their developmental models to the Competition Committee, and NFL coaches and players attending the scouting combine, Pro Bowl, and Senior Bowl.
- Jason La Canfora is continuing to hear that the NFL’s 2018 game in China will be between the Rams and 49ers.
- Connor Hughes of NJ.com writes that re-signing contract-year G Brian Winters should be the “top priority” for Jets GM Mike Maccagnan.
- Peter King of TheMMQB.com takes a look at some coaching candidates worth keeping an eye on for the Rams in the coming week.
- King’s list includes notable names like Jon Gruden, Jim Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, David Shaw, Josh McDaniels, and Kyle Shanahan along with a surprise name, former Buccaneers HC Greg Schiano.
- Some other long-shot options to watch, according to King, include Mississippi State HC Dan Mullen, Wisconsin HC Paul Cryst and Colorado HC Mike MacIntyre.
- Mike Triplett of ESPN believes it could be “2017 or bust” for Saints HC Sean Payton, GM Mickey Loomis and QB Drew Brees.
- If the Saints miss the playoffs again next year, Triplett mentions the “old line about the “definition of insanity” comes into play: doing the same things over again and expecting different results.”