Dolphins HC Adam Gase mentioned that he’s been impressed with former first-round pick Dion Jordan and his work ethic since being reinstated by the NFL.
“Every time he’s supposed be somewhere, he’s been there. He’s been engaged in everything we’ve done,” Gase said. “I see a guy that seems to be excited to be here and, for him, it’s like the first thing I told him, ‘Whatever’s happened in the past is irrelevant. You got a fresh start so make the most of it.’”
Barry Jackson expects Jordan to open the season on the non-football injury list.
- Michael Rothstein of ESPN offers his latest 53-man roster projection for the Lions.
- Rothstein has the Lions keeping five running backs, but parting ways with Stevan Ridley and George Winn.
- Some other notable roster cuts include: WR Jeremy Kerley, TE Orson Charles, DL Khyri Thornton, LB Zaviar Gooden, LB Khaseem Greene and DB Crezdon Butler.
- Steelers QB Dustin Vaughn suffered a broken thumb on his throwing hand during the team’s recent preseason game, according to Mark Kaboly. As of now, there’s no timetable for his return.
- This explains why the Steelers elected to sign Bryn Renner to a contract earlier today. (NFLTR)