Tony Grossi points out that during the three years that Jimmy Haslem has owned the Browns, they’ve fired:
- Head Coaches: Pat Shurmur, Rob Chudzinski, and Mike Pettine.
- GMs: Tom Heckert, Mike Lombardi, and Ray Farmer.
“Let me be real clear: There’s no thought of replacing Jason. At all,” Jones said, per Charean Williams.
- Regarding the coaching staff, Jones said: “We’ve got four out of contract. So that’s always problematic if you’re trying to keep it exactly the same.” (Charean Williams)
- Jones added that “Jason’s the ultimate decision-maker regarding the (coaching) staff.” (Matt Mosley)
- Adam Beasley reports that he’s heard Bears OC Adam Gase, Jim Mora, Mike Shanahan, Lions DC Teryl Austin, Mike Smith, Buccaneers OC Dirk Koetter and Jaguars OL coach Doug Marrone associated with the Dolphins’coaching search.
- According to Pro Football Talk, it’s not a done deal that Giants HC Tom Coughlin is out in New York.
- Even though there’s been talk that Coughlin could resign, PFT says he may not, which means the Giants have to fire him.
- There’s no guarantee that the Giants are prepared to fire Coughlin as this point in time, according to PFT.
- On other note: owners Steve Tisch and John Mara could be at odds.
- PFT wonders what kind of interest Coughlin would generate if he wanted to continue coaching.
- Lions new president Rod Wood said they’ll begin their GM search in earnest on Monday. (Tim Twentyman)