Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel mentioned during an interview with WSCR-AM 670 that his staff if already working on not just the 2016 NFL Draft, but also the possibility of securing future Drafts.
Emanuel said they’re hoping to convince the league to make Chicago the permanent home for the draft moving forward.
“I told my team … yes, we’ve won this a second time, I said, but we’re not going in like this is ours, we’re going in like we’re going to compete to win it a third time,” Emanuel explained, via the Chicago Tribune. “I said I want everybody to double down, no high-fiving. We have to go in and earn this business every day.”
- According to Albert Breer of NFL Media, a strong performance from Bills QB Tyrod Taylor in tonight’s preseason game could secure him the starting job.
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians told reporters that G Mike Iupati getting his meniscus repaired and his timeline will vary anywhere from 3-8 weeks. (Darren Urban)
- Arians expects Rodney Gunter step into starting lineup now that NT Corey Peters is out for the season with a torn Achilles. (Darren Urban)
- Jason Cole reports that the Redskins received the right of first refusal from OLB Junior Galette when they signed him to a contract.
- Cole adds that this could be big for them in free agency.