Louisville QB Lamar Jackson figures to be an intriguing case next year, given that he’s been one of the best players in college football but there are concerns about his skill set will translate at the next level and his durability, according to sources who spoke to Matt Miller of B/R.
“I don’t know for sure where he’ll play in our league, but he’s f–king exciting,” an AFC defensive coordinator tells Miller. “I could also see someone breaking him in half the first time he’s hit.”
“Well, I think the first question is what is he? I don’t think he’s a great passer despite good arm strength. I don’t think he’s a powerful enough runner to have success on the ground,” said a former NFL general manager. “So he’ll have to learn to be a better thrower and stop relying on his legs. And if that doesn’t work, move him to receiver.”
- According to Miller, LSU Derrius Guice (RB), Arden Key (DE), Donte Jackson (CB), Kevin Toliver (CB), Toby Weathersby (OT) and John Battle (S), could all declare for the 2018 draft.
- Bills HC Sean McDermott said Friday that he feels “pretty good” about WR Kelvin Benjamin playing in Sunday’s game against the Colts. (Mike Rodak)
- The Buffalo Bills officially list QB Tyrod Taylor (knee), DT Kyle Williams (groin), LT Cordy Glenn (foot/ankle), CB Leonard Johnson (knee) and OT Seantrel Henderson (back) as questionable for Week 14.
- The Bills also ruled out G John Miller (ankle).
- The New York Giants officially ruled out LB B.J. Goodson (ankle) and OL Justin Pugh (back) for Week 14’s game against the Cowboys.
- The Giants also list CB Eli Apple (hip/back) RB Orleans Darkwa (illness), DE Jason Pierre-Paul (finger), WR Travis Rudolph (hamstring), WR Sterling Shepard (hamstring) and OT Chad Wheeler (concussion) as questionable.
- The Washington Redskins officially ruled out TE Jordan Reed (hamstring), S Montae Nicholson (concussion) and WR Maurice Harris (concussion) for Week 14’s game against the Chargers.
- Washington also RT Morgan Moses (ankle), LT Trent Williams (knee), C Chase Roullier (hand), DL Terrell McClain (toe), LB Zach Brown (hamstring/Achilles) and LB Martrell Spaight (ankle) all as questionable for Sunday’s game.