- Mike Mayock of the NFL Network has Oregon’s Marcus Mariota rated as this No. 1 quarterback ahead of FSU’s Jameis Winston. (Andy Fenelon)
- USC TE Randall Telfer will visit with the Patriots and Falcons in the coming weeks and has already met with the Eagles. (Aaron Wilson)
- Matt Barrows reports that Sacramento State WR DeAndre Carter worked out for Cardinals this week and will attend local pro days for the Raiders and 49ers next week.
- Matt Miller reports that the Patriots worked Samford S Jaquiski Tartt out in South Alabama Wednesday.
- Stony Brook WR Adrian Coxson will work out for the Giants, Jets and Ravens. He visited with the Chiefs earlier in the week. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Broncos signed DL Antonio Smith to a one-year, $2 million deal that includes a $1.5 million base salary and a $500,000 bonus. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Bengals signed WR Denarius Moore to a one-year, $825,000 deal that includes a $745,000 base salary and a $25,000 signing bonus . (Aaron Wilson)
- The Colts signed S Dwight Lowery to a one-year, $950,000 deal that includes a $870,000 base salary and a $80,000 signing bonus . (Aaron Wilson)
- The Vikings signed LS Kevin McDermott to a two-year, $1.26 million that includes base salaries of $585,000 and $675,000. (Aaron Wilson)
Jason Cole reports that while the Buccaneers are “overwhelming expected” to draft Florida State QB Jameis Winston No. 1 overall, Oregon QB Marcus Mariota remains an option for them at the top of the draft.
According to Cole, there is something thinking that off-the-field issues regarding Winston could push the team to at least consider going with Mariota.