- Central Connecticut State QB Jake Dolegala will attend the local pro days for both the Giants and Jets later this week. (Pat Leonard)
- Valdosta State CB Stephen Denmark has a top-30 visit with the Browns and a private workout with the Saints. (Aaron Wilson)
- Penn State DE Shareef Miller has visits upcoming with the Ravens, Cardinals and Jets. (Adam Schefter)
- Widener DB Jordan Powell will work out at the Giants local pro day on April 5 and the Eagles‘ local pro day on April 17. (Wilson)
- Delaware TE Charles Scarff worked out with the TE coaches for the Dolphins and Buccaneers on campus. (Kaye)
- Houston LB Emeke Egbule will meet or work out with the Lions, Eagles, 49ers and Saints following his visit with the Chiefs. (Wilson)
- According to Barry Jackson, the Dolphins have been “closely been evaluating” North Dakota State QB Easton Stick. The Dolphins sent scouts to watch Stick practice in August and also sent former backup QB Matt Moore, now a front office assistant, to his pro day.
- The Dolphins have also scheduled a workout with former Utah QB Troy Williams, who threw at Utah State’s and USC’s pro days. Williams is eligible to sign immediately as a free agent.
- James Madison CB Jimmy Moreland and TCU C Chris Gaynor will work out for the Dolphins at their local pro day on Friday.
- Missouri WR Emmanuel Hall canceled a private workout with the Dolphins.
- The Dolphins invited West Virginia WR Gary Jennings for a top-30 visit. (Jackson)
- Miami has also shown extensive interest in Boston College OL Chris Lindstrom, having met with him three times and worked him out before his pro day.
Jets HC Adam Gase doesn’t regret some of the moves he made in Miami, where he shipped out talented but hard-to-manage players, and says he’ll carry that same philosophy to New York.
“That was one of the first things we talked about [in the interview with the Jets],” Gase said via Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer. “I don’t think I’ll ever change from that. Someone told me a few years back, ‘Don’t prostitute talent for culture.’ That’s stuck with me. And I agree with that. Watch the team that just won the Super Bowl, they’ve done a great job for a long time to where they have the right locker room and those guys play together, and they win together. With a lot of teams that end up going deep in the playoffs, it’s a consistent thing.”
While it didn’t work out in Miami, Gase says it would have been worse if he had departed from his principles.
“I think if we didn’t have the locker room that we had (last year), we’re not 7–9,” Gase said. “Those guys stuck together, they kept fighting. Guys would go down, and guys would try to step up and do the right thing. We just kind of ran out of bullets. … We were headed into the last three games of the year and we were in it. It just didn’t work out the way we needed it to.”
- According to Rich Cimini, RB Le’Veon Bell will receive a $3 million roster bonus today.
- This moves Bell’s current total earnings to $11 million, with the potential to rise to $14.5 million if he plays every game this season.