- Field Yates of ESPN (Insider) takes a look at four teams he believes should entertain the idea of trading up for a quarterback in this year’s draft.
- According to Yates, this group includes: the Jets, Bears, Rams and Eagles.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that the messages sent by the Browns front office down to the field during a game actually went to a non-coaching employee on the sidelines, who then relayed the information to a member of the coaching staff.
- Florio wonders if GM Ray Farmer could end up being the “fall guy” in the end for owner Jimmy Haslem.
- Sheil Kapadia of PhillyMag.com expects free agent OLB Brandon Graham to sign elsewhere next year and veteran OLB Trent Cole to be back, but at a discount rate.
Jamison Hensley writes that the Ravens won’t have much cap space to work with during the offseason unless they make some roster moves.
- If the Ravens really wanted to create some extra cap room, Hensley mentions that they could consider releasing DT Haloti Ngata ($8.5 million) and DE Chris Canty ($2.66 million).
- Contract extensions for Ngata, G Marshal Yanda, P Sam Koch, and K Justin Tucker.
- Another option could be for them to approach CB Lardarius Webb and WR Jacoby Jones regarding pay cuts.