- Ralph Vacchiano reports that the Giants’ offer to QB Eli Manning was “nowhere near” the recent contracts signed by Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger.
- Vacchiano’s source mentioned that the Giants were instead offering Manning a deal that was than Ryan Tannehill‘s four-year, $77 million extension.
Bills HC Rex Ryan told reporters after Thursday’s preseason game that he won’t make an official decision regarding their starting quarterback until Week 1.
“Yeah, I just decided that,” Ryan said, via Syracuse.com. “I’m not going to make that decision until we play Indy. Competitive reasons, whatever. Go for it. We don’t need to tell them. Until the league makes us tell them, we can just go right up in there and say, ‘We’re not gonna say anything.’ We may know. But why would we say any different? The quarterbacks that we’re talking about, they’re all three different. So plan for all three of them. And I think that’s smart on our part.”
- Tom Pelissero reports that the Bills signed veteran DL Red Bryant to a one-year, $950,ooo contract, which includes an $80,000 signing bonus and $100 available in incentives.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Bills QB Tyrod Taylor has a “small, strong group of NFL coaches who think he’s great.”
- According to Tom Pelissero, the Jets signed veteran QB Matt Flynn to a one-year deal worth $930,000.
- Flynn also received a $60,000 signing bonus.
- ESPN’s Mike Reiss reports that Patriots WR Brian Tyms‘ season is “in jeopardy” after suffering a foot injury Thursday night.