On Thursday, free agent S Eric Reid told reporters at Stanford’s Pro Day that he stands by his decision to kneel for the national anthem and he’s okay no matter what happens this offseason.
“I stand by what I’ve done,” Reid said, via NBC Bay Area. “I know why I’ve done it. My faith in God is the reason. I can go to sleep at night confident I did what I was called to do. I’m just going to stay positive and keep trying to stay in shape and wait and see what happens.
“I said at the end of last season I’m OK no matter what happens.”
- Reid did, however, say that he’s likely going to take a different approach to social activism in 2018 and suggested he would not kneel during the anthem ceremony. (Matt Barrows)
- Reid added that his agent has been in contact with a few teams in recent days, but they’ve yet to discuss any specifics regarding an offer. (Eric Branch)
- We have him featured in our Top 50 Available 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
Former Patriots TE Martellus Bennett said he is unsure if he wants to continue his NFL career and if he has the mental capacity to withstand another season.
“Right now I’m just living life and trying to figure out what I want to do next,” Bennett said, via the Rich Eisen Show. “Is it to continue to play? Is it to explore other options? What is it that I want to do? After 10 years, you take such a toll not only on your body but mentally. So it’s just like where am I in a mental capacity overall? Is it something I want to continue to do?”
- Bennett also indicated that the possibility of returning to New England has been discussed: “I mean, yeah. It came up in conversation.” (Doug Kyed)
- Mike Klis adds that the Broncos are expected to host UCLA QB Josh Rosen and Wyoming QB Josh Allen for official visits, while the team will send a “contingent” to Allen’s Pro Day on Friday.
- The Jets are holding a private workout with UCLA QB Josh Rosen on Thursday in California. (Manish Mehta)
- Alex Marvez reports that the Bears hosted NC State DE Bradley Chubb for an official pre-draft visit on Wednesday.
- The Cowboys hosted Fort Hays State DT Nathan Shepherd for a private workout on Wednesday. (Connor Livesay)
- Limestone College WR Vyncint Smith has a private workout scheduled with the Cowboys for next week and a top-30 pre-draft lined up with the Jets. (Aaron Wilson)
- Sal Capaccio reports that the Bills and Patriots held private workouts this week for Western Carolina DB Keion Crossen.
- According to Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst, the Patriots met with USC DL Rasheem Green on Tuesday.
- Pauline adds that USC LB Uchenna Nwosu interviewed “extensively” with the Titans, Eagles, Vikings, 49ers, and Saints.
- Nicholas Falah interviewed with the Jets, Packers, and 49ers at his Pro Day.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Steelers will meet with North Carolina G R.J. Prince following his Pro Day workout on April 3.