- Albert Breer expects the Rams to make an attempt to sign S Lamarcus Joyner to a long-term extension before the July 16 deadline.
- Breer can also see the Cowboys taking a shot at getting a long-term deal in place for DE Demarcus Lawrence, even though it’s unlikely they’ll be able to strike an agreement at this point.
- Breer admits that Le’Veon Bell and Ziggy Ansah could be more inclined to play out the year under the franchise tag and follow the Kirk Cousins model.
- Matt Miller is hearing that Western Michigan CB Sam Beal should end up being a second- or third-round pick in this year’s Supplement Draft.
- According to Miller, there are a few AFC teams “very interested” in landing Beal right now.
- Earlier in the day, we ran through some notes regarding all five of the available prospects in this year’s Supplemental Draft. (NFLTR)
“They transitioned quickly to Nick’s strengths, which, there’s a lot of them,” Kelly tells Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com. “But they’re different than Carson’s, not totally different. You’re not talking apples to oranges, they still ran their base stuff that they ran. But they did certain things, they probably ran Carson a little bit more, they throw more RPOs with Nick, but Carson could run RPOs and Nick could run a little bit.
“The one thing, if you just watched the quarterbacks play, they were extremely comfortable in what Doug was asking them to do.”