- Giants HC Ben McAdoo said WRs Darius Powe and Dwayne Harris are likely out for Monday night’s preseason game. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- McAdoo added that CB Eli Apple is questionable for the game.
Jaguars first-round RB Leonard Fournette (foot) said he is confident that he will play in Week 1.
“That’s nothing to worry about,” Fournette said, via Michael DiRocco of ESPN.
Fournette added that he has never experienced a similar foot injury but that the team’s medical staff has done well rehabbing him.
“I never had a foot or toe injury or nothing like that [before],” Fournette said. “They’ve done a great job with rehabbing a lot of us. I think it’s going to pretty good.”
- Mike Kaye reports that the Jaguars will not be signing either of the free agent kickers — Patrick Murray and Dan Carpenter — who recently worked out for them at this point in time.
- Tiffany Blackmon of NFL Network, citing a team source, reports that the Panthers feel it is “not necessarily that important” to have QB Cam Newton play this preseason as he recovers from a shoulder injury.
- Blackmon’s source said that Newton has had a “solid week” and they plan on increasing his workload: “We are building up to see where he is each day. So far so good.”
Ravens HC John Harbaugh said he would like recently retired LB Zach Orr to join Baltimore’s staff as a scout or coach.
“He’s going to be successful in whatever he does, but I think he wants to be involved in football,” Harbaugh said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN. “We’ll try to talk him into coming here and being a part of what we do. I sure would like him on board, scouting or coaching or whatever he wants to do.”
In case you missed it, Orr, unfortunately, retired for a second time after he was unable to gain medical clearance from an NFL team. (NFLTR)