- Mike Garafolo reports that free agent OT Gosder Cherilus has wrapped up his visit with the Lions and is expected to assess his options, which also include the Bills.
Jeff Legwold of ESPN writes that free agent OT Jake Long, who is visiting with the Broncos, “carries some significant question marks” in regards to his injury history and his contract demands.
Sources around the league have told Legwold that there’s a legitimate question about his ability to play left tackle after he’s sustained two major knee injuries. Legwold’s sources added that Long will likely require some time to get back to 100 percent, which means he could be best served as a backup and/or mentor role and a right tackle down the line.
- Falcons WR Julio Jones confirmed Thursday that his agent has been in contact with the team regarding a contract extension. (Vaughn McClure)
- Jones added that he’s not worried about the situation. (Vaughn McClure)
- Packers TE Andrew Quarless did not report to the start of training camp on Thursday, due to an an “extremely difficult family situation.” (Pro Football Talk)
- Panthers waived CB Garry Peters. (Aaron Wilson)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!