- Mike Wells of ESPN believes the Colts largest needs are an offensive lineman and a pass rusher this offseason.
- Wells writes that only LT Anthony Castonzo and G Jack Mewhort are safe among the offensive line to be a part of the team in 2016.
- Todd Archer of ESPN does not like the idea of the Cowboys pursuing quarterbacks Johnny Manziel or Robert Griffin III.
- Archer believes the Cowboys should re-work CB Brandon Carr‘s contract to a short-term deal where he is making less money. As of now, Carr is set to make $9 million while carrying a cap figure of $13.8 million in 2016.
- Kimberley A. Martin reports that Falcons special teams coordinator Keith Armstrong will not leave Atlanta for a job with the Jets.
- According to Martin, Jets HC Todd Bowles requested to interview Armstrong last season, but was denied by Atlanta.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN believes the Jets will re-sign QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, due to his rapport with receivers Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker.
- On top of that, Cimini mentions that Fitzpatrick is also a key mentor to QB Bryce Petty.
- Michael Rothstein of ESPN writes that HC Jim Caldwell‘s future with the team is in new GM Bob Quinn‘s hands.
- According to Rothstein, the Lions could benefit from Bengals OC Hue Jackson not yet interviewing for any openings should they elect to look for a new head coach. However, he believes the smart move in the end could be sticking with Caldwell.
- Rothstein expects Ameer Abdullah to be the team’s lead back in 2016, while Zach Zenner will get action as a change-of-pace back and Theo Riddick having a larger role on passing downs.