Home Bills NFL Notes: Johnny Manziel, Mark Sanchez Trade, Bills & Saints
- A front-office executive tells Mike Freeman of B/R that they are monitoring what transpires with QB Johnny Manziel.
- According to Freeman, at least one team and possibly more are using Manziel as a cautionary tale for their rookies in regards what to not do.
Mark Sanchez Trade
- Jimmy Kempski of PhillyVoice.com reports that the the Eagles will receive the Broncos’ 2017 seventh-round pick as part of the Mark Sanchez trade if he makes the 53-man roster this summer.
- The compensation can become a sixth-round pick (previously owned by the Titans) if Sanchez starts at least four games.
- The Saints picked up some additional cap space on Wednesday after they cut CB Brandon Browner with the post-June 1 designation back in March. (Times-Picayune)
- In total, the Saints will save $2.250 million in cap space by cutting Browner after June 1. However, they will also push $1.3 million of his signing bonus into 2017. (Times-Picayune)